Top High Schools in New Jersey
Education is very important in one’s life as that is what paves the way to a better future. As parents, giving the child the best in terms of education is their biggest responsibility. Hence, when it comes to picking up the High School, the decision has to be taken with a clear head. There is no dearth of good high schools in New Jersey which definitely makes the choice a hard one. But as of this year, there are ten 10 high schools in New Jersey where you can consider sending your child. Consider these Top High Schools in New Jersey.
1. High Technology High School– Located in Lincroft, New Jersey, this is a public school in NJ with nearly or more than 286 students in grades from 9-12. The school is undoubtedly one of the best in the state. Studies have shown that near about 95% of the students in this school have shown proven expertise in maths or reading.
2. Bergen County of Academics– This public school is located in Dr. John Grieco Campus in Hackensack, New Jersey and is rightfully named as a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education. The specialty of the school lies in the fact that it offers comprehensive programs in the areas of science and mathematics, medical science, engineering and design, business and finance, culinary arts and hospitality administration, visual and performing arts, and technology and computer science.
3. Union County Academy for Allied Health Sciences– This school is a complete vocational public high school that is located in the Scotch Plains, in the Union County. Students can enroll for grades ninth to twelfth. A few years back, the student count was nearly 262 with a teacher student ratio of 16:10:1. The picture has definitely changed in today.
4. High Tech High School-This is primarily a pre-engineering career academy. Students who are looking forward to a great career in engineering can choose this school for pursuing their further studies. The faculty has some of the eminent names to impart knowledge to the students and emphasize on the interconnections among science, mathematics, technology and the Humanities. The main aim of this school is to propel the creative side of the students, bring out the leader in them and teach the art of effective communication so that they grow up big and into better human beings.
5. Bergen County Technical High School– This is a four year, tuition free public magnet high school that take sin students from ninth to twelfth grades. This school is situated in Bergen County, NJ. Apart from specific majors of study, the school also offers 16 Advanced Placement courses.
6. Princeton High School– Located in Princeton, New Jersey, this is a four-year comprehensive public high school that operates as part of the Princeton Public Schools district. The school features in the list of 10 top schools in New Jersey for their excellent academic standards as well as arts programs which are the best when compared to the other private schools in the country.
7. Biotechnology High School– This school is also known as Biotech and this is a four year comprehensive vocational public high school that serves students from ninth through twelfth grades. The school is located in Freehold township of Monmouth County and is a part of the Monmouth County Vocational School District (MCVSD). Students can make the best of the eight different science classes that is divided over four years. This gives them a strong ground to pursue further studies in either biotechnology or natural sciences.
8. Dr. Ronald E. McNair Academic High School– A magnet public high school, this is located in Hudson County. The school is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Ronald E. McNair, an astronaut and scientist who laid down his life in the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. Part of the Jersey City Public Schools District, this school offers a great range of AP courses apart from standard curriculum at the Honors level.
9. Middlesex County Academy for Science, Mathematics, & Engineering Technologies– This is also known as Edison Academy and is a four-year career academy and college preparatory magnet public high school and is located in the Middlesex County. Apart from majors in English, Mathematics, Lab Sciences, Social Science, Health and Physical Education, and World Language, students can also pursue engineering majors.
10. Millburn Senior High School– Primarily a four-year public high school, this school takes in students from ninth through twelfth grades. The school is located in the Essex County. They have a wide range of AP courses to choose from and is well known for the high standards of academics.