Summer Movies and Events on the Beach in NJ
New Jersey is a popular tourist destination that can be visited at any time of the year, but summer is the most preferred time to visit. The Jersey Shore is the main attraction during the summer season due to a number of attractions. Summer starts from July and continues through August. So if you are planning to visit New Jersey this summer, there are many things that you would be able to enjoy on the New Jersey Beaches. Get some beach chairs, blankets, something to munch on and chill out with your friends and family on the beach while enjoying a beach movie or a summer beach event.
Summer Beach Movies
Free movies are becoming more and more popular in New Jersey and a number New Jersey shore towns are famous for screening free movies on the beach. For instance, if you are in the
Cape May region, you can enjoy a series of free movies lined up for July and August 2017 such as:
- July 6 – The Avengers
- July 13 – The Jungle Book
- July 20 – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- July 27 – A Christmas Story
- August 3 – Grease A-Sing-Along
- August 10 – Jaws
- August 17 – Zootopia
Similarly, you can also enjoy free movies in areas like Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Bartram Avenue Beach, William Morrow Beach and other places. For more details on free movie screenings you can check out websites like:
Belmar movies on the beach 2017 schedule
July 8 – The Secret Life of Pets (rain date July 12)
July 15 – Rogue One (rain date July 19)
July 22 – Elf (rain date July 26)
July 29 – Lego Batman Movie (rain date August 2)
August 5 – Sing (rain date August 9)
August 12 – Finding Dory (rain date August 16)
August 19 – Beauty and the Beast (rain date August 23)
August 26 – Moana (rain date August 30)
September 9 – Jaws (no rain date)
Summer Beach Events
Love doing something adventurous? Then the NJ shore is the place to be. A number of summer events and concerts are organised for the shore visitors, but some of the most famous events include:
• Wildwoods International Kite Festival: Organized in the month of May in Wildwoods, this festival attracts kite builders and competitors from around the world. The festivities include the East Coast Stunt Kite Championships on the beach, illuminated kite fly, World Indoor Kite Competition inside the Convention Center and many more.
• National Marbles Tournament: Mibsters from around the country gather in Wildwood to participate in this tournament. The games take place at Ringer Stadium, which is located on the beach at Wildwood Avenue. Contestants participate in more a thousand games over a period of four days.
• New Jersey Seafood Festival: One of the greatest food festivals, it offers fresh fish and shellfish from more than 40 restaurants and vendors. If you are in Belmar during June, never miss out this event. It also organizes kid’s activities, a wine tent, and much more.
• NJ Sandcastle Contest: this contest takes place in Belmar around mid-July. If you visit the beach around this time you can see several creations made of sand that include mermaids, sea creatures, mini cities, etc.
• Night in Venice Boat Parade: One of the biggest events of this type; hundreds of colorfully decorated boats participate in the parade. It is organized in the Ocean city. The parade starts at Longport Bridge in Ocean city and ends in the Tennessee Avenue. Awards are given out to the best decorated boat, most original, comic division, etc.
Various kinds of events are also organized on the Point Pleasant Beach, Bradley Beach, Ocean City and other beaches. So don’t miss the beach extravaganzas when visiting New Jersey during the summer months. Chill out with a bottle of beer or a glass or wine, feel the cool breeze sweep past your face and enjoy the free movie screening or participate in the world famous beach events.