Pet Friendly Getaways in NJ
It is not always that you would be allowed to take your pets anywhere you just wish to. And, that is most of the times that happens. Traveling with pets is something that one has to keep out of their mind. But, being nothing less than a family member, how does pet owners cope up with the absence of pets in their life when they are going out for a weekend trip or planning a day out with their family members. There are thankfully some pet friendly getaways in NJ where your pet will be equally welcome and all of you can have a great time together.
- Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park– This is a historic site of repute and is spread over 89 acres and is interspersed with many nature trails and even a huge waterfall. This place has got a rich cultural and industrial background and welcomes visitors and pets alike. Though you are allowed to bring your pets here, you have to keep them on the leash. Make sure that you are not leaving behind the dog’s droppings anywhere. However, dogs are strictly prohibited inside the buildings. This park is located at 72 McBride Avenue Paterson, NJ. Make queries at (973) 279-9587. This is located in Passaic County.
- Fairwiew Farm Wildlife Preserve– Spend a great day with your furry friend at this dog friendly park. There are no picnic tables or play areas and the focus is on the preservation and protection of a quality and worth remembering natural experience. Dogs are allowed in the wildlife preserve but they should be on their leash. However, keep them away from the ponds. Each owner can bring at the most 2 dogs with them. This place is located in the Somerset County. The address is 2121 Larger Cross Road, Bedminster, NJ. Make inquiries at
- Hacklebarney State Park– It is a long walk to the glacial valley with gorges that is carved out from the Black River, steep ravines and plants. There are miles of trails that you can take your dog on with but they should always be on a leash and owners should take responsibility for cleaning the dog’s droppings. The address is 119 Hacklebarney Rd, Long Valley, NJ. You can call up (908) 638-6969 for details.
- Morristown National Historical Park– There is a lot to explore here at this historical park that boasts of 27 miles of foot and horse trails those are free to be explored by your furry friend. However, take note that you need to keep your dog on a 6 foot leash and cleaned up always. The place is at Tempe Wick Road, Morristown, NJ. Get all your queries answered at (973)-539-2016.
- Silas Condict County Park– Spread over nearly 1,000 acres of land, this county park invites dogs to have a great time too apart from their owners. Dogs however should always be on leash and under the control of their owners. The place is located in the Morris County at William Lewis Arthur Drive, Kinnelon, NJ. You can always get your queries answered at (973) 326-7600.
- Watchung Reservation/Trailside Nature & Science Center– There are ample hiking and riding trails apart from picnic areas, stables, trailside nurture center as well as a playground. Your dogs can walk throughout the park but on a leash and under the control of their owners. The address is 452 New Providence Road, Mountainside, NJ. Make queries at (908) 789-3670.