Pet Friendly Beaches in NJ
Is it not unfair for your dog to stay at home the entire day and just do nothing? Your furry friend also deserves to have a break at some point of time or other. You can take them along when the family is going out for a long drive or you can even take them out to the beach too. All that sun, sand and surf can do your four-legged friend too. A little bit of sun is not bad for the fur either. In New Jersey, there might not be too many beaches that welcomes your pet, but there are quite a few that welcomes pets.
- Fisherman’s Cove Conservation Area– A place to start with is the Fisherman’s Cove Conservation Area. This is a huge site that spreads over nearly 55 acres of land and is a great place for fishing, sunbathing and taking your pet for long walks. This place allows dogs on the Eastern section of the beach but there is one small condition and that is, your dog has to be kept on leash all the time. The address for this dog friendly beach is 391 3rd Ave, Manasquan, NJ in the Monmouth County. Make queries at (732) 842-4000.
- Longport Dog Beach– This pet friendly beach do not require your pet dog to stay on a leash always.The place is open all the year round and from your small puppy to your big Golden Retriever,they can have a great time at the beach. This beach is located at the base of the Ocean Drive Bridge that is on the Longport side across the fishing pier. The perfect address is Rt 152 and Ocean Dr Bridge, Somers Point, NJ in the Atlantic County. For queries call (609) 525-9202. Dog owners are advised to bring the waste disposal items to keep the beach clean for everybody.
- Sandy Hook Beach– Planning a day trip with your four pawed friend? Then this beautiful beach is the best place to be. Open all year round, you can visit this beach with your pet any time you want. But, keep your furry friend on a leash. The beach is located at Ocean Ave and Hartshorne Dr Middletown, NJ in the Monmouth County. Call (732) 872-5970 for queries.
- Island Beach State Park– You can bring your pets here to the park but the dogs have to be put on a leash at a maximum length of six feet at least. You cannot take them to the swimming beach area during summer and never beyond the Spizzle Creek Bird Blind Trail. The place is located at 2400 Central Ave, Seaside Park, NJ in the Ocean County. You can call at (732) 793-0506 and get your queries cleared.
- Poplar Avenue Beach– It was in the year 2014 that this beach opened to the pawed friends. Owners can walk their dogs over the boardwalk to reach the beach. Open all year round, it is better to keep your dogs on leash. The beach is big enough for both of you to roam and play around. Located in Cape May County, the beach is located at 487 E Poplar Ave Wildwood, NJ. To get all details, call (609) 522-2444.
List of Pet Friendly Beaches in NJ
- Asbury Park (8th Avenue Dog Beach) – Dogs are permitted at 8th Avenue and Ocean Avenue before 9:00 A.M.
- Barnegat Light – Dogs are permitted at the dog park on W. 10th Street and must be on a leash.
- Island Beach State Park – Dogs are permitted on the beach except lifeguard swimming areas. Dogs must be on a leash no longer than 6″.
- Lower Township – Dogs are permitted year-round and must be leashed.
- Manasquan (Fisherman’s Cove) – Dogs are permitted on 3rd Avenue and must be leashed.
- Mantoloking – Dogs are permitted on a leash between sunrise – 8:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. – sunset, except at the Lyman Street Beach.
- Sandy Hook (Gateway National Park) – Dogs are permitted with a $15 cost on the bay-side beaches and must be leashed.
- Somers Point (Longport Dog Beach) – Dogs are permitted on Route 152 and Ocean Drive Bridge from sunrise to sunset. It is also an “off-leash” beach where the dogs can run around and play in the water.
- Wildwood (Wildwood Dog Beach) – Dogs are permitted between Poplar Avenue and Magnolia Avenue.
- Stone Harbor – Dogs are permitted between 80th and 84th street and must be leashed. Dogs can be on the beaches from sunrise to 9:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. to sunset.