Newark Liberty International Airport
3 Brewster Rd
Newark, NJ 07114
Newark Liberty International Airport is located partly in Newark and partly in Elizabeth, NJ. Newark is located only
14 miles from Manhattan, serving a critical role for the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area. This is the heaviest traveled airport in New Jersey.
Newark Liberty has three major terminals: A, B and C. Check on a Flight Status at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Tips When Traveling at Newark Liberty International Airport:
Take these steps in order to minimize time at security checkpoints:
- Pack luggage in layers
- Ready your boarding pass and ID
- Take off outer garments and shoes
- Place any loose metal objects in your carry-on
- Remove your laptop from your bag and place it in the bin
- Passengers should consider placing additional items in checked baggage since this will ensure a more efficient screening process at TSA screening checkpoints (passengers are reminded that the air carriers request they bring only one carry-on bag and one personal item per person).
- Passengers are encouraged to have prescription cards for all medications including syringes. Medications should be in original packaging.
- Passengers can also expect additional security procedures to be in place including possible body pat downs.
- Passengers should give themselves extra time to check in and proceed through the security checkpoint before their flight, especially during the busy holiday travel season.
- Liquids: Keep in mind that liquids are allowed in carry-on luggage only in accordance with the TSA’s 3-1-1 format.