Best Day Trips in New Jersey
A beautiful Northeastern state that boasts of some 130 miles of Atlantic Coastline and many beautiful counties- that is New Jersey for you. You might need a lot of time to explore the actual beauty of New Jersey, but if you have only time enough for day trips in NJ, then also you will be signing up for lots of options. With the state having so many counties and each county with numerous townships, it is really a hard choice picking up the day trips. But there is something called the people’s choice and word of mouth. Depending on them, there are a few worth considering day trips in NJ.
Best Day Trips in New Jersey
Turtle Back Zoo
This zoo in West Orange, Essex County is home to nearly 150 species of animals. Apart from enjoying the interactive animal programs that are being conducted by the friendly zoo staff, children will find the mini train ride and carousel entertaining. Read More
Liberty State Park
The Liberty State Park, Jersey City in Hudson County is a little piece of oasis in the middle of all the concrete. Located along the Hudson River, the place is good to be explored alone. Take out a kayak or rent a bike.
Field Station Dinosaur
A visit to this place as a part of your day trip in NJ is worth the money. Children especially find the place interesting and exciting. The star attraction are 32 life sized, robotic motion dinosaurs standing at the base of an old rock formation that is nearly 150 million years old.
QuickChek Festival of Ballooning
The Hunterdon County is the location of a rand event. The county plays host to the largest summertime hot air balloon festival. The sheer sight of those magnificent balloons is worth a visit during this time.
New Jersey State History Fair
If you are planning a visit to the Monmouth County and are looking forward to go back in time, then plan a day trip to the annual New Jersey State History Fair. One of the biggest fairs that surely portrays the Spirit of the Jerseys well.
New Jersey Vietnam Veterans Era Educational Center, Museum and Memorial
Monmouth County is home to the nation’s only museum that is dedicated to war. One will have a great time looking at the countless exhibits. There is also a meditation garden where you can sit and meditate without thinking about the worries of the world.
Morristown National Historical Park
This is one of the favorite places for those who like to call themselves history buffs. Nature lovers too flock to this place for it offers several trails that are scenically beautiful. This is also the place where General George Washington and the Continental Army had survived what is remembered as one of the harshest winters.
Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park & Wildlife Safari
This is one of the major theme parks that can keep your children and yourself too busy throughout the day. There are a good number of rides and a wildlife safari too that gives visitors the opportunity to see the many animals in their natural habitat. Read More
Ringwood State Park & Skylands Manor
Explore the Ringwood Manor which is a 200 year old country house. The grand home was owned by Abram S. Hewitt, famed as the nation’s foremost ironmaster. Taking a tour through the state park home is an experience in itself. The Skylands Manor too boasts of a massive structure and this once belonged to a civil engineer-stockbroker. The manor is also open for tours so you can spent a good time looking through the belongings that are still there.
Action Park Mountain Creek
An amusement park in Sussex County, this is the largest water park in the area. Make the best of the opportunity to get wet just as much as you want. Also, do not forget a ride on the Alpine Mountain Coaster. It is worth the thrill.
Family Day Trips & Getaways
Has it been a long time that the entire family has gone somewhere? If you are planning a family vacation soon, then do consider New Jersey. The place with its numerous townships offers diverse entertainment options that is going to turn your holiday into a memorable one. Even 24 hours in a day will fall short when you would want to explore all the family day trips and getaways that the place offers.
If not all, try and visit the few good ones enlisted here:
- World of Wings Butterfly Museum & Atrium– This is a great place to help bring your child closer to the real world. Through the medium of fun plays and field activities, the World of Wings works on the imagination of every child and helps them to be more creative, outgoing and imaginative. As parents we always want to see every child grow up to be responsible adults and that is what this place does too. A visit to the place teaches children to learn and appreciate life and nature of all living beings.
- Keansburg Amusement Park and Runaway Rapids Waterpark– Splash straight into a pool at the end of a whirling water ride, race your kids in the tracks, or be on every one of the awesome thrilling rides at this amusement and water park. There are nearly 18 thrilling water rides, a lazy river, two spa pools and more. You have to visit to know more. Visit Now
- Rizzo’s Reptile Discovery– It might sound scary to let your child go near a snake and hold it, but trust the experts at the Rizzo’s Reptile Discovery who are going to make it one of the worth remembering experiences of their lifetime. You can visit with your child to this place which brings little ones face to face with the inhabitants of the reptile kingdom. Let your kid hold a snake to feel hoe they can still move without a spine. It is a different kind of a learning experience for them and you should definitely sign up for it.
- Heritage Stables– Love horses? Visit the Heritage Stables and learn all about horses. Gather knowledge about their feeding, grooming, bathing and more. Heritage Stables organizes camps of which you can be a part of and get the opportunity to learn all about this beautiful, four legged animals. Horse Spa days are fun and it is a delight watching these mighty creatures put up a great show.
- Idlewild Pool– Sometimes, you just not feel like doing anything and run away from your boring day to day life. A great family getaway is the Idlewild Pool where kids can splash around in the pool while you choose a shaded area and put up the deck chairs and relax while keeping a watchful eye on them. Do not forget to pack up a picnic lunch as all that splashing in the water will surely make your children hungry.
- Fernbrook Farms Environmental Education Center– Teach your children the simple yet demanding life on a farm. A day trip to the Fernbrook Farms Environmental Education Center is not only fun but it is also a great learning experience for children and adults alike who have never been on a farm in their entire life. The education center offers nature and farm programs that are fun as well as informative.