Best top 10 bars or pubs in NJ
It is true that when you are visiting New Jersey, you will be too much pre-occupied with the parks, museums, board-walks, beaches and more that New Jersey is almost strewn with. But these are places to visit when the sun is out. New Jersey puts on a different character as soon as the sun goes down the horizon. The boardwalks are lit up with numerous lights and the many bars and pubs all throw their doors open for the patrons and the occasional visitors to come poring in and have some great time over a great drink and some light discussions.
1. Barcade, Jersey City, NJ– Jersey City has quite a good number of bars and pubs, but this is worth mentioning. It is not wrong to call it an eco-friendly bar. Try out the American craft beers which is the specialty of the place. Also, there is no reason to get bored if you are visiting the bar alone. The many old school arcade games will keep you occupied.
2. Bogarts Lounge, Iselin, NJ– Not all places are for the younger groups to frequent and the Bogarts Lounge is certainly one of them. This lounge is popular among the 40+ crowd. The catch of the place is the 70’s type bands that plays during the weekends.
3. Blackthorn Restaurant & Irish Pub, Kenilworth, NJ– Things to look out for here consists a great traditional Irish fare, step-dancers, and some awesome live music. You will surely gulp down quite a few Irish beers as you get engulfed in the music.
4. Colorado Cafe,Watchung,NJ– Its very Colorado as soon as you walk in this place. Characteristically a country bar, it is the live bands, karaoke, and live dancing that are the crowd pullers.
5. Egan & Sons, Montclair, NJ– Want to taste some freshly brewed Irish beer? Then head towards Egan & Sons in Montclair. Not only do they brew their own beer, but there is something worth notable in this place as well and that is the woodwork which is believed to have been salvaged from a bar near the Dublin Castle. The food is beyond just good and have Irish dancers and live performances.
6. Grasshopper Off The Green Irish Pub & Restaurant, Morristown, NJ– This one is what you can find a small chunk of Morristown spending time together. The place covers three floors with live music, bagpipers and a delectable Irish fare.
7. Miami Mike’s Sports Zone, East Hanover, NJ– Ever been to a sports bar? If not then on your visit to NJ, visit this place as this is one of the top sports bars in NJ. There are quite a number of satellite televisions to help all enjoy any game that is on. But do not starve yourself. Their lunch and dinner menu are simply great and should not be missed.
8. Mulligan’s Pub, Hoboken, New Jersey– On weekends and on any other day in the week, you will find the Hoboken locals thronging the place. At times it gets so crowded, that you might just have to stand outside with your drink. No, joking. The owner of the place tries and makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome. Soccer is the hot topics here at this pub apart from the beers.
9. The Ship Inn, Milford, NJ– That is a nice and unique name for a pub for sure. Located in Delaware valley, The Ship Inn is acclaimed to be the very first brew pub in New Jersey that brew beer since the prohibition. A visit to this place is like being a part of history apart from being a comfortable and cozy place to spend some moments with family and friends.
10. The Whiskey Cafe, Lyndhurst, NJ– Appealing to an older crowd, the visitors here are in the age category of 50 and 50 plus. Happy hours are always available for them and daily themes like 8 minute speed dating, country dancing keep the crowd entertained.
Dining in New Jersey
Best Steak Houses in NJ
Best Bars or Pubs
Best Chinese Restaurants in NJ
Best Hamburger Places in NJ
Best Indian Food in Monmouth & Ocean County
Best Restaurants in Atlantic City
Best Thai Food in NJ